Thank You note formula step by step:
- Personalize your notes & make reference to the person as well as the gift.
- Remember that a gift should be acknowledged with the same generous spirit in which it was given.
- Be enthusiastic, but don’t gush. Avoid saying a gift is the most beautiful thing you have ever seen unless you really mean it.
- Don’t send a card with pre-printed messages & just your signature or use email in lieu of a personal note.
- Promptly acknowledge the receipt of shipped gifts by sending a note right away or calling & following up with a written note in a day or two.
- Don’t mention that you plan to return a gift or that you are dissatisfied in any way.
- Don’t tailor your note to the perceived value of the gift.
- Refer to the way you will use a gift of money.
- Don’t include wedding photos or use photo cards if it will delay sending the note.
- Don’t use being late as an excuse not to write. Even if you are still sending notes after your first anniversary, keep writing!
Shop our Thank You note collections!
Set yourself apart from everyone else & really make a statement to show your appreciation for the person you are writing to. Whether it be a friend, colleague, employer, or acquaintance - we’ve got you covered.
Visit RSVP Style to discover the art of fabulous gifting with love in every way!